Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Day 2






































The landscape changed quickly after we crossed over the Missouri River and entered the short grass prairie. Next came the beautiful Badlands (why my dad never let us go there, I'll never understand), Wall Drug - a lot of fun, a visit with a dinosaur in Wall I had wanted since I was a kid and Devils Tower. We saw plenty of prognhorn antelope or "bottoms up" as we called them as kids due to their bright white bottoms. I imagine this would apply to some of us humans too.

Devils Tower also included "dropping in" on a prairie dog town by my daughter.......her foot went down a hole and scared her pretty good. Nothing ice cream couldn't solve.

We spent the night in Gillette, Wyoming with some friends who moved from Indiana to start a church......and that included taking in a little league game western style. They solved any umpiring issues with rifles. OK, maybe not.......but I like to imagine that's how they do it.

No comments: